Friday, February 12, 2021

7 Ways To Be Your Own Valentine

Posted by Susan B James on 10:43:00 PM with No comments

 

 

We made it to February!
I
t's been 11 months since COVID Lockdowns started.
How are you doing? Do you feel there is now an end in sight?
I can't seem to get back to writing, but I know it will happen. In the meantime, I count my present blessings.

Chris brings Walter and Eugene over every weekday so Melanie can work from home. I get to watch them grow.
Jim sends pictures of him and Ella and we talk every few days.
 I am still getting auditions and an agent is looking at Lord Byron's Daughter.

 

Happy Valentine's Day

I know a lot of us are going to be spending Valentine's Day solo.
I've had a lot of practice at this and I have a few suggestions.
This is a good time to be your own soul mate. 

  1. Make or buy yourself a card. Inside write the things you love best about yourself. (Look at you. You are beautiful inside and out. And you have a great smile and an even better laugh. Keep going. There is so much to admire about you.)
  2. Plan a special meal. You can make it or order out. Personally, I am thinking my favorite Thai restaurant. And if you want company, plan to Skype or Zoom with a friend while you eat it.
  3. Chocolate. The joy of buying your own is getting exactly what you want. 
  4. Indulge in a get-ready time worthy of a good romance novel. Soak in a scented tub. Play music. light candles.
  5. If you enjoy dressing up, now's the time. Make yourself beautiful for you.
  6. What's an activity that gives you joy that you can do in lockdown? I love jigsaw puzzles and reading.
  7. Buy yourself a gift. I went overboard on that this year. I bought three new books. I am thinking of buying some flowers too. 

 

I hope you indulge yourself in some wonderful way because you are so worth it. Here are a few book suggestions.

Looking for a new book to read? If You have Kindle Unlimited, these are all free to you. https://storyoriginapp.com/to/bUKchm5
If you want to buy one, I think they are all under 4.
You can see from the samples below how different the genres are. I've read and loved The heart Collector. I put Monica Bolt's Why This is Wrong and Louise Lennox's Memories of Mistletoe on my TBR list. Because I already bought my Valentine's Books.

 

 

The books I gifted my self with are
All the Colors of the Night by Jayne Ann Krentz
Wild Rain by Beverly Jenkins
and the third book in The Magic in Manhattan series Wonderstruck by Allie Therin. What are you reading?

 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Please do.