Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A Hot #SummerRead by Brenda Sparks for the Paranormal Romance Reader

Posted by Susan B James on 3:00:00 AM with 1 comment





















Meet paranormal author Brenda Sparks and her latest book, Alpha Pair. Born in Virginia, Brenda Sparks now resides in the Sunshine State.  
Balancing her professional commitment to the local school district with her writing is challenging at times, but writing suspenseful paranormal romances is a passion that won’t be denied. Her idea of a perfect day is one spent in front of a computer with a hot cup of coffee, her fingers flying over the keys to send her characters off on their latest adventure.  renda, I have a question or few for you.
I love firsts, so tell me about the moment when a publisher told you they wanted to publish your book.
I was sitting at home when I received an email stating that the senior editor at The Wild Rose Press wanted to contract a short story I sent her. I was so excited my hands shook while I opened the attachment and read the contract. I could barely type my email reply to her accepting the offer. When you are an author trying to be published, there is nothing like that first contract offer. Knowing someone in the publishing industry values and enjoys your work is priceless. 
What is the most exciting moment, so far, in your writing career?
 Hearing from a fan is always exciting for me. I have friends and family who enjoy my stories, but a little part of me wonders if they are biased. When a total strange leaves a 5-star review or likes my work enough to contact me through social media or via email, I'm thrilled. Hearing from readers is the most exciting thing about writing for me. 
What is your favorite pastime, other than writing?
I was a music major when I started at the university, so it’s probably no surprise that music is my favorite pastime. When I graduated from high school I could play 13 different instruments. Today I mostly just play the piano and clarinet. Wow! I am impressed. I can’t even play my computer keyboard well. #WorstTypistEver
Any advice for new writers just starting out?
Join a writer’s group. They are invaluable. You learn a ton by attending the conferences and speaking to published authors. We all have stories to share and advice to give. New and experienced writers alike can benefit from the knowledge of others in the business. Agree. I get so much out of my writing groups.

What’s your current WIP?
 Alpha Revealed is my current WIP. It is the next book in the Alpha Council Chronicles Series. It features Vlad and his heartmate. There is a surprise around every corner in this story, and I can’t wait to finish it. 
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
Alpha Pair Blurb:
How strong is the blood that binds? Tatiana Bolovich is a beautiful femme fatale with a haunting history. Having recently discovered the brutish Demetri Romanoff is her heartmate, she spent the past year avoiding him, but the Fates have other plans. 
Demetri commands every situation. A strong, valiant warrior, he’s used to being in control, that is until he is kidnapped by demons. Forced to endure unspeakable experiments at the hands of his enemy, the Alpha discovers just how out of control life can get.
Summoned by the Alpha Council, Tatiana grudgingly helps track Demetri down, promising herself that she will disappear from his life forever once the job is done. But matters of the heart are not so easily ignored. Will she give him a chance to prove himself, or will she deny her nature and slip away into the night?

Buy Links:


Book Excerpt:
The Alpha swung a leg over the motorcycle and tugged on his helmet. “You coming anytime this century, woman?”
Tatiana pulled her helmet down over her dark hair, the blunt ends sticking out from under it like twigs in a nest.
“Hold your horses, Romanoff.” She straddled her bike.
Demetri shifted the bike from its stand and rousted the thing with a kick of his booted heel. He gunned the throttle. “My horses want to go,” he called over the roar of the sports bike.
Tatiana started the motorcycle she borrowed from Marcus with a push of a button. The black beast growled to life. “Well, what are we waiting for then? I bet I can get to the counseling center before you.”
The howl of her engine made further conversation impossible when she revved the machine.
They tore off down the gravel drive, the bikes fishtailing. Bits of gravel spit out behind them. Demetri gunned his engine and took the lead. He flashed her a brilliant smile when he passed, making it almost worth being second place. But not quite.
As they rounded out of the gated fence onto the road, Tatiana cut under him to regain the lead.
He shook his head. Life will never be dull with you, tigress warrior. You are a fierce competitor, but then so am I.

Wonderful excerpt. Thanks for being here, Brenda. Brenda loves to connect with readers.  Please visit her online or stop by her website to say hi. Happy Reading, all.
Author Links:
Twitter Handle: @brenda_sparks https://twitter.com/brenda_sparks


1 comment :

  1. You have a great blog, Susan. Thank you for hosting me and featuring my story! Even though Alpha Pair is the fourth book in the series, it can be read as a stand-alone novel. I hope your readers enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! Please do.