Monday, May 10, 2021

What's Your Next read?

Posted by Susan B James on 10:23:00 PM with No comments

 Happy May. Books I've been Reading

The Last Big FakeThe Last Big Fake by Kate Kerns
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fabulous. It's funny with lots of heart.
This is the first book I've read by this author. II will be looking for more. She's got a wonderful sense of voice.
Darcy and Seth's voices are great. I loved the plot it was twisted and believable and kept me reading far past bedtime. It was a very happy read.

View all my reviews The Lady Has a Past (Burning Cove, #5)The Lady Has a Past by Amanda Quick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a wonderful Stand Alone addition to Burning Cove series. Now I want to go back and reread the whole series. This was my Mother's Day present to myself. I broke into it Saturday night and finished it on Sunday.
I loved Lyra and Simon and the plot was a roller coaster of a ride. Thank you, Amanda, for a delicious read.



Sorcerer to the Crown (Sorcerer Royal, #1)Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Brilliant mix of magic and Regency England.

The world building in this is amazing. I am in love with all of the characters. The plot is twisted and full of surprises and there is of course a happy ever after. For now. Who knows what will happen in the next book?

View all my reviews View all my reviews Vanessa Yu's Magical Paris Tea ShopVanessa Yu's Magical Paris Tea Shop by Roselle Lim
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Magic, art, love, and Paris seamlessly combined in a book that is a perfect read. There is so much in this book about food and about paintings and about family and it’s all stitched together in a way that makes you want to not stop reading. This is the first book I have read by Roselle Lim. I highly recommend it. I feel reading more Vanessa adventures would be great. I hope there’s a sequel. Someday.

View all my reviews Night SongNight Song by Beverly Jenkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Passion and history entwined

This love story is set against the exodus of 1879 when thousands of blacks fled the horrors of Reconstruction and Redemption of the South to Kansas. This book is set in Henry Adams, and contains some of the ancestors of the Blessings series of books.The hero is one of the buffalo soldiers. the heroine is a teacher. It is a great and steamy love story.

I also reread several of Georgette Heyer's books. She remains my favorite Regency author. What's your next read?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Please do.