Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Mystery Series set Las Vegas Meet Joan Peck and her Tarot Reading Heroine.

Posted by Susan B James on 3:00:00 AM with No comments
Joan Peck has an ongoing mystery series set in Las Vegas with a Tarot Reading Heroine.
Welcome, Joan. Please tell us a bit about you.
I’ve always loved to read and growing up, my entire family used to make Sunday a relaxing, reading day. I got hooked on Nancy Drew and to this day, I think there is nothing better than a good mystery book.
I wrote spiritual books under the name of Joan S. Peck. Three of those books are about the 7 Major Chakras, the energy portals of our body, and one book is on addiction, written with my son, called “Prime Threat – Shattering the Power of Addiction. My son died of an overdose. I am so sorry to hear that. Losing a child is the worst thing I can imagine for a parent.
Then, last year in 2018, I put out the first two books of my Death Card mystery series under the name of J.S. Peck. Book 3 and Book 4 will be out this year in 2019.

After the death of her fiancĂ©, she vows to find his killer and make him pay the price. She goes undercover at the Purple Passion Lounge. Things aren’t as simple as they appear causing Rosie to take things into her own hands to save the day. Her silky dog, Sweet Pea, is her sidekick, and her grandmother’s spirit still pops into her life with advice or simple expressions of love—sometimes at the most ill-timed moments.

https://amzn.to/2L2imQC  Kindle e-book for Death on the Strip       
https://amzn.to/2Ld1JBQ  Print book for Death on the Strip

When did you decide to self-publish?
I have self-published all my books. Why? Two reasons. 1. I had no positive response from inquiry letters; 2. All my author friends said it was the better way of publishing. However, I had no idea about all the work involved in marketing, which happens whether you are published through a publishing house or self-publish.

 Did you hire an editor?
Although I’m an editor, I certainly did hire an editor. We all need extra eyes on what we write because our brain tries to accommodate us to make better sense by filling in things that are or aren’t there. Yes! So true.

How did you choose the cover?
I knew I wanted the first story and the rest of the series to feature the main character. I knew in my mind what she looked like and that she’d be holding the Death card from the Tarot. I knew for Book 1 I wanted the Las Vegas strip to be the background.

What is your favorite pastime, other than writing?
I love the movies! I’m wanting my books to be made into a TV series or a movie and have written them to be easily converted to a screenplay(s). 
Good for you! I love acting and I adore interpreting other writer's words. I took classes at the UCLA Writers Program, but so far I am a way better actor that scriptwriter.

How do you motivate yourself when inspiration takes a vacation?
I go on vacation too. So many times, just by walking around or running to the grocery store, an idea will come to you. By taking a break, you will return renewed in energy and ideas.

Do you have a recipe to share?
It’s a simple appetizer when you are stuck. Scoop out peanut butter into a small dish and put horseradish over it. Serve with crackers. It’s the best!
I have to try that.

What are your three additional books planned for the series?
Book 2 – Death at the Lake Came out in September. 2018
Book 3 – Death Returns comes out April. 2018
Book 4 – Death Waits will come out August 2019
Thank you, Joan for being here. If you would like to keep up with Joan's books, here is a link to her Amazon Page.
Happy reading, everyone.





0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Please do.