Tuesday, September 25, 2018

3 Tips for a Cheaper Hawaiian Vacation

Posted by Susan B James on 1:12:00 AM with 3 comments

Full Harvest Moon from our vacation rental







Tip #1
Our Hawaii home. Two blocks from Kailua Beach on Oahu
 Kay's vacation Rentals https://www.kaysaliivacationrental.com/alii.html

Tip# 2 Kailua Beach has shade trees, soft sand and the occasional turtle. It;s not on the tour bus route.
Tip frrom the local residents: never leave anything valuable in your car interior or in your trunk. That makes me sad, but it's still a beautiful local beach. Kailua is where Presisent Obama and his family used to come visit. One of the  great local places is Island Snow. A snow cone delight.
 Kailua has a Thursday evening Farmers Market in the parking lot behind Long's drugs. Wonderful food there. I have to go to buy my favorite specialty jams. Best cheap local plate lunch is Oneava Market. https://www.yelp.com/biz/oneawa-market-kailua
Then there's Zippys for a traditional Hawaian plate lunch, or Portugese bean soup or some fun pastrys, http://zippys.com/kailua/


Tip#3 If you want to find great cheap Hawaiian clothes, try Savers Thrift shop. You can go there right after you pick up your rental car. Last time I was here my wasband, Barry Corbin was working on Anger Management with Charlie Sheen. He asked me to bring him back a couple of Hawaiian shirts to out-shine Charlie's. I found them at Savers. I love that place. there were racks of Hawaiian shirts - color coded. https://stores.savers.com/hi/honolulu/savers-thrift-store-1046.html
I'm going back to what I do best. Lying in the shade of an ironwood tree. In a minute I'll get out a book. Happy reading.

To enter to win a 5.00 Amazon gift card, leave a comment with your email address.

3 comments :

  1. We visited 4 Hawaiian islands about 20 years ago. I think it is about time that I went back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot email

    crhcastings At gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool tips

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! Please do.